Drain the liquids. In Kerava, Järvenpää, Nurmijärvi and Tuusula pack biowaste in a paper bag or a biodegradable plastic bag.
In Hattula, Hausjärvi, Hyvinkää, Hämeenlinna, Janakkala, Loppi, Mäntsälä, Riihimäki or Valkeakoski pack biowaste in regular plastic bag, biodegradable plastic bag or a paper bag.
- vegetable and fruit peels, eggshells
- waste from meat and fish
- spoiled food and leftovers
- coffee grounds with filter papers, tea bags
- individual kitchen towels, napkins and tissues
- house plants or flowers
- liquid waste, e.g. broth, drain the liquid from the waste, e.g. through a sieve
- soil, garden waste
- cat litter, pet droppings or cage cleaning waste