Rinse with cold water if needed. Containers of hazardous substances are accepted for collection when they are empty and do not contain propellants. Items sorted into metal packaging include, for example:
- food cans, non-deposit beverage cans
- Metal lids, caps and closures
- aluminium tins, foils and lids
- empty paint and aerosol cans
- pots, pans and Teflon dishes
- cutlery, small metal tools
- small metal objects (nails, screws, etc.)
- metal casings of tea lights
In Finland, packaging waste, i.e. plastic, metal, carton and glass packaging, is subject to producer responsibility, according to which the packaging manufacturers and importers have an obligation to arrange the recycling of these products at their own expense. In Finland, the producer responsibility association for packaging is Finnish Packaging Recycling RINKI Ltd.
Rinki collects packaging at Rinki eco take-back points all over Finland. Find your nearest collection points on the rinkiin.fi website. Packaging waste is also collected at the waste collection points of apartment building and terraced house properties in accordance with the waste management regulations.